The Quiet Life Painted Dot pack will be available in-store and online from Friday 3rd July 2015.
We're very proud that 5 Pointz is 1 of 12 stores worldwide that will be stocking this limited edition Painted Dot pack from LA clothing brand and design collective The Quiet Life. Among the brand's preoccupations are well constructed cut and sew pieces and photography, and this capsule collection and look book show the two working beautifully together. As you can see a dense, rough-edged polka dot patterns, in different tones, are printed all over every piece, with subtle branding throughout. As stated, the numbers are very limited on this capsule so don't miss the drop on the 3rd July.
Nike Air Jordan 6 Retro Low White / Black / Infrared23 - 304401-123 - is releasing 04/07/15 at 8am online.
Nike Air Jordan 6 Retro Low GS White / Infrared 23 / Black - 768881-123 is releasing 04/07/15 at 8am online.
Well looky what we have here... The low version of the classic Nike Air Jordan VI sporting the "Infrared23" colourway that has smashed it on the high version and looks oh so dope on this low-cut silhouette. It is another remastered shoe released as part of the 30th anniversary celebrations for the Jordan brand, and has the special '30' logo printed on the insole. Other features include tumbled leather uppers, icy translucent blue details on the midsole, and dashes of infrared throughout, including on the embroidered lace cover and branded black lace hold. We have these coming in mens and womens sizes, but this is one of the most anticipated Jordan releases this year so make sure you're on it on Saturday morning.
This Nike Air Huarache "Wolf Grey is the first Quickstrike release we have had from the brand in a few months and was definitely worth waiting for. If you are fan of this unique Tinker Hatfield designed runner, then we think you're gonna love this ice cold colour scheme. Some sneaker blogs have been dubbing this the "Mag" because the colourway is reminicent of the legendary "auto-lacing" shoe from Back To The Future II. Rumours are bouncing around the internet fuelled by hints from Hatfield and others in the Nike camp that the Mag, complete with the futuristic lacing technology, will be a reality soon and this time it won't just be available to celebrities at a charity auction as with the replicas (without autolacing!) that dropped a couple of years ago. Perhaps, just perhaps, this is a little hint at a very special release in the near future...maybe.
Even without the MJ Fox connection these "Wolf Greys" are a dope summer colourway, with nubuck overlays on the infamous neoprene sockliner and mesh upper. The finishing touch is the semi-translucent blue outsole that again harks back to when 2015 was a way off in the future.
Nike clearly believe that black is the the new black with this special selection of popular silhouettes in the same stealthy, monotone colour way, and we don’t disagree. There is definitely something very satisfying about the entire shoe being adorned in the same tone which almost seems to give the shoe a new shape, compared to rocking bright contrasting colours. This, plus the fact that all black kicks, go with pretty much any outfit make these a very useful wardrobe basic. The Air Max 90 and 1 have Ripstop uppers with nubuck overlays, while the Roshe One, as ever has a dense mesh construction for added foot hugging comfort. These three are soon to be followed by a Triple Black Air Max 93.
The Nike Air Max Volt Pack releases 20/07/15.
Here we have a pack of Air Max's that are reminiscent of the early ninetie's rave inspired trend for sporting luminous colours, weather it's on your face or your smiley face T Shirt. Nike Air Max's have always been popular with those who like to dance all night due to their versatility and comfort, plus the fact that they look dope. These black, grey and volt styles of the Air Max 1 and 90 have uppers made of leather and suede, with the bright highlights bouncing of the main subdued tones are coming to 5 Pointz on the 20th June 2015. So weather you wear them in a field of the M4, dancing your bits off to high BPM noises, or just down the street to Tescos, then these beauties should be part of your Air Max selection.
In an unusual move for the brand Nike have just put out this press release previewing their selection of shoes that are to be released in Spring 2016. Usually 6 months before the release Jordan collectors have to go off poor quality leaked images and rumours, to get an idea of what to expect, but here they are, presented in Nike's usual clean, simple style.
The creative theme behind the styles in this collection is the illustrious list of achivements that Micheal Jordan totted up during career. Feats such scoring 69 points in a single NBA playoff game, stealing the ball eight times in one half of game against the Boston Celtics in 1988, and finishing his career with a 30.1 points per game score average. This combined with the stylish ground pleasing flair that assured huge media attention and legendary status and these colourways Jordan 1, 2, 4, 12, and 5 Lows, are all linked to certain aspects of his years in the spotlight.
THE POSTER COLLECTION
This 2 shoe "Poster Collection" is made up of a Jordan 2 and Jordan 12, and inspired by two posters that were produced at the time of shoes release dates in 1986, and 1997 respectively. The WING IT graphic on the heel of the AJ2's is inspired by the tag line of the corresponding ad campiagn. The colourway of the 12 is taken from the colours used in the iconic "The Master" poster (pictured below).
THE ALTERNATIVE COLLECTION
During his career MJ broke with NBA tradition and started wearing loud colours on his footwear on court. This kicked off a worldwide craze and changed the industry. This set is based around the team colours of the Chicago Bulls, the team MJ led to glory so many time through the late 80's and early 90's, while setting this trend.
THE DUNK FROM ABOVE COLLECTION
This set of three, including a I, IV and V Low, feature colours inspired by Jordan's ability to "take flight" on the court and execute dunks from ridiculous ditances. Te blues represent the sky h's flying through, with the details on all three being inspired by aviation clothing and WW2 fighter planes.
The ASICS 50/50 Pack will be with us within July 2015 - ASICS Gel Lyte III Purple / Black (H5V0L-3390) - ASICS Gel Lyte V Latigo Bay / Black (H5V2L-8990) - ASICS Gel Lyte Speed Safety Yellow / Black (H5V1Y-0790)
This 50 / 50 pack is the next special release set we will be receiving from ASICS, featuring a loud matte colour on the suede sections of the uppers,contrasting against the black leather sections and outlined stripes. All this is sitting on a clean white midsole and an outsole that matches the toe-box. All three feature the usual features of a sock-like upper lining on the Gel Lyte V and a split tongue construction on the Gel Lyte III and Gel Lyte Speed, with Gel cushioning encased in each midsole.
The ASICS Gel Lyte III White / White and Black / Black will be in stock again at 5 Pointz in July 2015.
The ASICS Gel Lyte III is a favourite retro runner for a lot of collectors and as with a lot of running silhouettes (eg the Nike Air Huarache) the monotone colourways are often amongst the most popular. The GL3 was first released in 1990 and instantly grabbed attention with its lightweight build and unique split tongue design. This move away from the traditional one piece loose tongue meant that the trainer keeps it's original shape for longer and you avoid the tongue slipping down to one side. It also gives a well padded, foot hugging feel.
The rest of the shoe works with this slightly strange feature to give a solid retro shape with a mesh and leather upper sitting ontop of an angled midsole with a soft gel compartment within to give you amplified cushioning.
The Nike Air Jordan Son Of Low Grey Mist is available here.
Is it "Grey Mist" as Nike would say, or "Black Cement" as all the blogs were calling it before release, as they had assocciated it with the legendary colourway that was first featured on the Air Jordan 3 and has been one of the most sought after colourways the Jordn Brand have ever produced. The Son Of Low allegedly got it's name because Spike Lee's son was involved in the desgn of it, which takes satisfying features of the Jordan 3, 4, 5, 6 and more to create a strong hybrid that definitely suits the famous Elephant print trims. The uppers are premium leather and the visible air unit is surrounded by a spleckled effect on the midsole that works well off the black.
As part of this year's 30th Anniversary celebrations of the Nike Air Jordan, the Jordan Brand have just produced this nice little video, featuring some big names from American sports, entertainment and Sneaker culture. They are all reminiscing on how they got their hands on their first pair of J's. The mix of celebrities is varied, ranging from actor Michael Rapaport and NBA star Andre Drummond through to streetwear legends Frank the Butcher and Dennis Calvero from Crooks and Castles.
As you can see the style of Jordan that these stars first acquired varies, with a lot of this depending on age I assume. If you copped some Jordan 1's when they were (1984-87), then chances are you are on the other side of 40 now. So a lot of the people in this video would not have been a glint in the milkman's eye when people were first rocking AJ1's, which is probably why they quote the Jordan 3, 4 and others as there first taste of the Jumpman addiction.
I was a definite late comer to the whole Jordan game, copping a pair of the retro release AJ4 Bred's, with the Jumpman logo instead of the Nike Air on the heel plate. The version with the Nike logo which was last released in 1999, now goes for big money on the resale market, even when they are far from perfect condition. This is prime example of how huge the market for hard-to-find Jordan's is, which is why retailers like ourselves have to be strict on selling one pair to each customer.
The Jordan collector world is now so big that there are internal sub-groups, who can be quite discerning about the other. You have the die-hards who focus purely on the OG colourways, with the associated back story of what period of MJ's career they are associated with, like the AJ6 Olympics, or the AJ3 Fire Reds. At the other end of the spectrum is the usually younger collector who have less attachment to the heritage, because they have no memory of it and see the Jordan brand as a highly desirable fashion label. The priority for these punters is based more around the look of each individual colourways, like the Jordan 4 Toro Bravo's or Oreo's. Both these colourways never touched an NBA court surface, but were still sucked up on the minute of release.
There are many other subtle rules, variations, and sub-genres within the world of Nike Air Jordan collecting, and many of you will disagree with what is stated here, but it is these constant disagreements and debates that Jordanheads like anyway. There is no definitive 'best ever' Jordan, but everyone has a pretty good idea of what their personal number one.
308662-025 Nike Air Rift Black / Menta / Anthracite / Black is launched 11th June 2015.
Natural Motion running technology is now a feature that Nike use on a variety of silhouettes (such as Roshe NM) giving the wearer a new level of comfort and flexibility while they run. Nike Running first applied this pioneering design to the “slightly odd” Air Rift running shoe in 1996.
The shoe was inspired by the barefoot style of Kenyan marathon runners, and to honor this the first releases featured the colours of the nations flag and took it’s name from the country’s famous Rift Valley.
This stunning landmark was formed along a tectonic fault line and this break was the inspiration behind the design of the front of the shoe and the decoupled sections for the first and second toe for exta freedom of movement, and the deep grooves along the midsole that greatly increases flexibility.
The ‘open top’ design with large Velcro closure and heel size adjuster on mesh uppers means your feet are kept as cool as possible throughout your exercise, while fitting closely to the foot.
The Air Rift is now back for 2015 in a sleek black and mint colour way it’s with idiosyncratic split-toed style still looking cutting edge.
The Nike Air Max 95 Game Royal / Black / White / Pure Platinum - 749766-401 - is expected to be with us beofre the end of June 2015.
The Nike Air Max 95 represented a big jump in Nike's continuing development of their visible air unit technology that defines the Air Max family. Finally they had achieved the ability to support the foot with cushioning and stability all the way down the midsole. The aesthetic of the shoe was inspired by the shape and constrcution of the human body with the overlays and lace eyelets representing the rib cage and the unusually shaped midole beig th spinal column. The result was a silhouette that was an instant hit with Air Max fiends, and has found a devoted following in the London grime scene, being known as 110's after there original retail price.
This striking colourway with it's contrasting stripes of black, white and blue shows of the best features of the Air Max 95. It will be available from 5 pointz very soon!
The Nike Mobb Ultra Low Dark Grey / Anthacite / True Yellow - 749486-002 - is expected before the end of June 2015.
Here we have a brand new Nike Silhouette for 5 Pointz the Nike Mobb Ultra Low. It is inspired by the iconic crossover street-to-trail Nike Mowabb, with a molded TPU heel clip being a clear similarity between the two. The Nike Mobb protects from the cold and wet with a gusseted neoprene tongue, a water resistant leather upper and a high abrasion rubber outsole. The looks is completed with two tone rope laces and a speckled effect on the midsole.
Shop the new Summer collection from The Quiet Life here.
LA based brand The Quiet Life is one the newest additions to our brand list and in that short time we've been shown consistant quality. There graphics are printed on triple A tees, and their cut and sew is absolutely top quality. As well as producing apparel The Quiet Life are a creative collective who work in several disciplines, with a big part of their work being in being photography. This means their look books are always extremely well executed, weather they are studio or on location, like this one. These tonal industrial backgrounds are perfect for highlighting the product as the main focus, which is something that can be forgotton by brand's when producing look books.
Designer Simeon Georgiev imagines some Nikes of the future.
Commissioned by Highsnobiety, designer Simeon Georgiev has created three amazing renderings of how Nike silhouettes may look in the future. He has focussed on the Air Max 90, Air Force 1 Low, and Air Huarache each being worn by some thin legged androids and featuring a smooth matte finish with a whole load of futuristic features. These suggestions of how sneakers should be built in Futureland include hydraulic clasps, metal loops, chrome studs and sheild overlays. I don't know about you but f**k the future, I want a pair of all three of these right now!
The Nike Huarache NM White / Sail is avaialble now right here.
Following the clean, white aesthetic that has been such a major part of Nike output this year, we have this new edition of the Nike Huarache NM. This new silhouette combines the snug fit provided by the Huarache Neoprene sockliner, with a breathable honeycomb toe box and a thick rope lacing system that reaches up from the Natural Motion midsole. The deep grooves in this midsole gives you complete flexibility and freedom of movement.
The Nike Air Jordan Son Of Low "Grey Mist" Black / University Red / Grey Mist - 580603-002 - releases 08.00am 10th June 2015.
Originally emerging from Spike Lee's Mars Blackmon marketing campaign, like the Jordan Spizike, the Son Of Mars Low is a hybrid shoe taking influence from the Nike Air Jordan III, IV, V, VI and XX, plus special Mars details like the leather lace covers with embossed graphics. This 'Grey Mist' colourway is often called the 'Black Cement' and is best known for it's original appearance on the Jordan 3. It may be some time until the AJ3 version is released again, but in the meantime you can satisfy your "Black Cement" cravings with this dope version of the Son Of Low.
It features Elephant-print trim, dual air units in the deep midsole, "MARS" lace badges and a large Jordan logo on the x-large padded tongue and a speckled effect on sections of the midsole.
The Nike Air Max 90 White / White (443817-101) and Nike Air Max 1 White / White / Metallic Silver (474746-106) release at 00.01am on Thursday 4th June 2015.
Clean white styles of Nike's most popular silhouettes are a big part of this season's selection with the Ostrich pack going down very well last week. Instead of the gum brown these are rocking a tranluscent 'ICE' blue on the outsole and the PU leather uppers are textured with a dense cellular pattern. Although they are releasing as a Woman's pack the sizes will be going up to UK9, and it is a simple enough colourway to be suitable for both sexes.
To celebrate the beginning of Sumer and the release of their new collection Primitive Apparel have got in-house designer Suede to put together this brilliant illustrated Look Book. Skillfully digitally rendered to give a washed, water colour and pen look, it is meant to sum up the laid back island life, and we think is does that pretty well. As these guys live in California and not rainy old UK then they can imagine that type of lifestyle more easily perhaps but we can always dream. Our selection from the latest collection from Primitive Apparel will be available in the next couple of days.
The Nike Air Jordan Spizike White / Light Poison Green / University Red / Grey (315371-132) is released 24/06/15.
The intorduction of Spike Lee's Mars Blackmon character palyed a big role in the growth of the Jordan brand. This imaginary uber-fan starred in a long running ad campaign featuring Mars and his overgrown collection of Jordan's and of course MJ himself. This campaign ran with the launch of the Jordan 3 and 4, which have repeatedly been the most popular silhouettes from the range, and meant that Mars was cemented as part of the history of sneaker culture. The concept behind the Jordan Spizike was to involve Spike Lee in the design process and combine winning features if the Jordan 3, 4, 5 and 6 to produce a brand new silhouette.
This 'Poison Green' colourway follows the black and grey 'Oreo' version that was released a few weeks ago and, as you can see, heads in an entirely different direction with bright details bouncing of the white leather uppers. Cement patterning on the overlays, combined with the speckled effect on the side mudguards and lace holder, and the transparent lace holder all add to the unique look of this striking colourway. The cherry on top are the graphic badges on the heel.
- July 2015
- June 2015
- Nike Air Jordan 6 Retro Low Infrared23 releases 4th July 2015
- Nike Air Huarache QS Wolf Grey... or is it Mag?
- Nike bring the darkness with the Nike Triple Black Pack
- Nike Air Max Volt Pack - Launches 20th July
- Nike Air Jordan Spring 2016 Preview - Celebrating Achievement
- ASICS 50 / 50 Pack - Gel Lyte III, Lyte V, Lyte Speed
- ASICS All White and All Black Gel Lyte III - back for Fall 15.
- Nike Air Jordan Son Of Low Grey Mist - A Closer Look
- Nike Air Rift Relaunched for 2015 - drops 11th June 2015.
- Nike Air Jordan 30th Anniversary - My First Pair
- Nike Air Max 95 Game Royal - Fall 2015 at 5 Pointz.
- Coming soon to 5 Pointz - Nike Mobb Ultra Low Dark Grey
- The Quiet Life Summer 2015 - Painted Walls look book by Katrina Dickson.
- Designer Simeon Georgiev imagines some Nikes of the future.
- Nike Air Jordan Son Of Low Grey Mist releases 10th June 2015.
- Nike Huarache NM White / Sail - closer look
- Nike WMNS Air Max ICE pack - launches 4th June 2015
- May 2015
- Primitive Apparel Summer 2015 Illustrated Look Book
- Nike Air Jordan Spizike 'Poison Green' dropping 24th June 2015
- Only New York SS15 in London by 5 Pointz
- Nike Ostrich Pack launches 1st June 2015 - Nike Air Max 1, Air Max 90 and Huarache.
- HUF Summer 2015 Look Book
- WIN a pair of Nike Air Jordan 11 Low Breds with 5 Pointz and The Sole Supplier
- Rebel8 Summer Look Book Summer 15
- CLSC Summer 2015 Look Book
- Nike Air Huarache Light Triple White drops 21st May 2015.
- Nike Air Huarache Triple Black Scheduled for 28th May.
- Nike Air Max 90 Ultra BR 'Breeze' Summit White - close up.
- Asics 'Jamaica' Pack Available Online Now
- Exclusive 5 Pointz Sample Sale
- Nike Air Jordan 11 Retro Low 'True Red'
- Nike Air Jordan Spizike 'Cool Grey'
- Nike Air Jordan 7 Retro ‘Hare’
- Adidas ‘Cocktail Pack’ – Available Now
- Brixton Summer 2015 Collection Look Book
- Krate & Co Shoe Storage Box
- April 2015
- Nike Air Jordan 5 “Pre Grape”
- Puma x Alife 2015 Collection
- ASICS Gel Lyte III Crane
- Nike Juvenate - Packable Convenience with Cushy Comfort.
- Puma Cream Ignite Introduction Pack - drops Saturday 25th April
- Only NY Summer 2015 Collection Look Book
- 10 Deep Spring 15 Delivery Two - Coming Soon to 5 Pointz
- Nike Air Jordan 7 Retro Barcelona Days - drops Saturday 25th April.
- Puma Blaze Of Glory Crackle Grey / Violet - Closer Look
- Air Tech Challenge II PA Pinstripe - expected 21/04/15
- Nike Air max 90 OG Reverse - drops 14th May 2015
- Nike Air Jordan Retro Holiday 2015 Preview
- Puma Court Star Emboss Whisper White - Show Summer Some Respect.
- Bugs Bunny and Nike Air Jordan team up once again!
- Nike Air Jordan 11 Georgetown - Drops 11th April 2015
- Adidas x The Hundreds Striker Pack
- Nike Air Huarache Light OG Pack - dropping 23/04/14
- Coming Soon: Nike Air Trainer Huarache
- ASICS Lazer Etch Pack - coming end of April
- X-Large Japan Trip
- March 2015
- Only NY - Spring 15 Sneak Preview
- Nike Air Huarache Run and Roshe Run NM Woven SD - Rainbow Pack
- Nike Air Jordan 5 Retro Metallic Silver - Sat 4th March 2015
- ASICS Gel Kayano Black and White Pack
- Puma Cream Blaze Of Glory Primary OG Pack Part 2
- The Quiet Life: Spring 15 Look Book
- Nike Air Max Family Values
- Walking on Air with Nike - A History of the Visible Air Unit.
- Nike Air Max Polka Dot Pack - A Closer Look
- 10 Deep Spring 15 Drop 1 Look Book
- Crep Protect Wipes Now Available.
- Nike Air Jordan Release April - May - June 2015
- SNEAKERBOX3 Recap
- Adidas Originals Tech Super 3.0 Core Black
- Brixton Hat Focus SP15
- Puma Cream Perforated Pack - States and R698s - released 13th March 2015
- Nike Air Jordan Dub Zero 'Teal'
- Nike Air Max Polka Dot Pack - Air Max 1 and 90.
- Nike Air Jordan 7 Retro 30th "Marvin The Martian" drops Sat 7th March.
- February 2015
- Benny Gold Interview with Breaks Magazine.
- The Sole Supplier iOS app.
- Brixton Spring 15 Lookbook - latest collection coming soon.
- CLSC Lookbook SP15 - first drop of the year coming soon.
- Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro Teal releasing 14/03/15
- Reebok bring back the Instapump Fury OG Sport.
- Win the Stingray Nike Air Huarache and Air Max 90!
- Sneakerbox 3 is coming to the Big Chill Bristol on Sat 7th March
- Primitive Apparel SP15 Lookbook
- Nike Air Jordan Dub Zero Classic Charcoal - 21/02/15
- Nike Air Huarache Run PA Leather Black / Sea Glass drops 19/02/15
- Adidas Originals' Tubular 93 OG is remastered with Y-3 style
- Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "Tech Grey" drops 21/02/15
- Adidas Originals take it back to the court with some retro silhouettes
- HUF SP15 Delivery 1 Lookbook
- PUMA x ALIFE Spring/Summer 2015 Lookbook
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG 'Laser'
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG
- Nike Huarache NM - two colourways of this new silhouette releasing 12/02/15
- Nike bring back the Air Stab in OG colours on 12/02/15
- ASICS Valentines Pack 2015
- Nike Air Jordan 10 Retro 30th 'Bulls Over Broadway' drops 14/02/15
- Puma Trinomic Blaze Of Glory 'Primary OG' Pack
- January 2015
- Stay Protected With Crep Protect
- Puma x Brooklyn We Go Hard Capsule dropping 31/01/15
- Nike Flyknit Roshe Run is on it's way in two colourways!
- Jason Markk Product Showcase; Now With Jason Markk Repel.
- Nike Air Jordan Dub Zero Wolf Grey drops 24/01/15
- Nike Air Huarache Light Jade Stone and Blue release 22/01/15
- Adidas Originals Superstar 80s Deluxe Pack
- Nike Air Jordan 7 Retro French Blue drops 24/01/15
- Nike Air Wildwood LE PRM QS Black - Coming Soon
- Puma Disc Crackle Pack dropping Jan 2015.
- Nike Air Jordan Upcoming Releases January - March 2015
- Nike Air Max 1 Ultra Moire Pack dropping 08/01/15.
- Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro Columbia coming early 2015