To highlight the release of the second drop of their Fall 2014 collection HUF have got together with artist Gorey to produce this beautiful illustrated Lookbook. Gorey is an artist, illustrator and designer who was born in Paris in 1976 and curretnly resides in New York City.
The watercolor set is based on original photographs shot in New York City’s Chinatown by Brian Kelley, and the project will be followed by a forthcoming behind-the-scenes video by Brandon Kuzma.
10 Deep traditionally drop there collections a good few weeks after the other brands have released there's. Weather this is because they like to be unique, or they're constantly looking at the wrong month on the wall calender we don't know. What we do know is that every collection is always worth waiting for. We've just got our hands on the the Lookbook for Drop 1 from there Fall collection, which they've named "World Wide Wave".
Here is what they have to say about it:
"For 2014, 10.DEEP's collections have focused on an international theme that explored the far-flung world cultures that influence the brand and its culture. The Fall 2014 Collection continues in this bend, but takes inspiration from today's most powerful global cultural influencers - technology and the internet. Dubbed 'World Wide Wave', this collection moves from referencing culture born in the pre-internet world to the new one that is strongly emerging online."
Below is a selection of the shots to highlight the pieces we will be receiving at the end of September. To see the whole lookbook you can click here: http://10deep.com/f14www/
- Cleaning Solution (120ml/4.2oz - 98% natural, made from coconut extracts, jojoba oil, and aqua)
- 100% Premium Horse Hair Brush for gentle brushing
- Hard Bristle Brush for tougher materials
- Microfibre Cloth
Cure Cleaning Guide:
Cure Guide To Cleaning Suede & Nubuck:
Brush shoes gently in a circular motion creating a minimal amount of lather. Use the Microfibre Cloth to wipe clean the foam and any excess water from your shoes. Using the cloth, work the fabric in a circular motion to restore the nap.
Allow to dry thoroughly overnight. If needed, gently brush the material with the Microfibre Cloth to further restore the nap.
Crep Protect recommend you test a small area of the shoe before you begin thorough cleaning. Take extra care if cleaning dyed suede as the colour is likely to run. Results may vary with such materials. Use at your own risk.
The one you’ve all been waiting for – ten years on from its last appearance the Nike Air Huarache Light returns in its OG ‘Ultramarine’ colourway.
Presented in a black mesh sock like upper with concord overlays to the toebox, sidewalls and heel surround, they come sat atop a chunky white midsole and feature a black frame lace-up system with black laces to match. Finished with touches of teal to the toe box and interior lining, aswell as team orange embroidered swoosh branding to heel, an orange heel pull and rubber detailing to the tongue.
Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro KO High OG Black / Sport Blue: 23/08/14 8am Online 10am In-Store.
The Nike Air Jordan 1 KO was first released way back in 1985 as an alternative to the all leather AJ1. The canvas uppers meant the KO was more lightweight than the original while maintiaining the durability and classic look. This OG re-release of the shoe bears all the features of the original including the Black and Sport Blue colourway which bounces perfectly off the clean white midsole, and the special "AJKO" wings logo on the ankle.
Images courtesy of Solefly.
Although this colourway is new, it manage a much more OG feel to other AJ3 releases of this year, with the sports blue and cement patterning being reminiscent of several early versions of the infamous shoe.
The Air Jordan 3 Retro has had a illustrious history, and was cemented into the history of urban culture with there featuring in Spike Lee's film "Do The Right Thing.", then being promoted in a campaign featuring Spike's Mars Blackmon. The change in Tinker Hatfield's design for the 3 really caught the punter's eye at the time and every colourway has been a hit ever since.
We are really kicking things off with the Black Scale x Pimp C collaboration that is released in the UK next week. To celebrate this excellent collection and the arrival of Black Scale at 5 Pointz we have called on the skills of Detriot based artist "vizualzmt" (Zach Thompson) to produce a special illustrated look book. The result is 5 illustrations of Pimp C rocking some prime selections from this collection.
Here's the background to the project:
See more of Zach's work here:
DROPPING: 23/08/14 RRP: £89.99
Puma are back with another winning collaboration as a special Cream release. This time they have joined forces with the iconic Japanese brand WHIZ LIMITED, along with the infamous sneaker store Mita Sneakers, to produce a unique new take on Puma's classic runner - the XT2+.
WHIZ LIMITED was founded in Tokyo in 2000, with a mission to bring Japanese fashion and culture to an international audience, and a pioneering attitude that has gained them the reputation as one of Japan's finest clothing brands. Their clothing is distributed through Mita, which has also gained worldwide noteriety through dozens of acclaimed collaborative projects with big brands such as Nike, Reebok, ASICS and New Balance.
This is what Puma have to say about the XT2+ silhouette:
"[The] XT2 came to prominence, as the brand’s honeycomb style cushioning system became a favourite amongst runners eager for an extra dose of technology in the early 90s. The system embedded in the shoe’s sole provided the ability to both cushion load and support the resulting spring back to action."
Apparently drawing inspiration from Beck's iconic 1996 album "Odelay" (to go with the Alternative Rock theme of Whiz's SS 14 collection) this Puma x WHIZ x Mita XT2 draws it's colour palette from a dramatic sunset, with shades of deep reds falling into rich blues to create a visually stunning upper.
This excellent collab will be available from 5 Pointz on the 23 August 2014 in limited numbers so dont' miss out!
- August 2014
- HUF Fa14 D2 Watercolour Lookbook by Gorey
- 10 Deep Fall 14 World Wide Wave Lookbook
- Crep Protect Present: The Cure
- Nike ACG Wildwood Pack - First Look
- Nike Air Jordan 3 Retro GS Black / Mint Green / Cement Grey - First Look
- Nike Air Jordan 6 Retro Sport Blue - First Look
- Nike Air Huarache Light OG ‘Ultramarine’ – Detailed Images
- Nike Air Jordan 1 KO High OG Sport Blue 23/08/14
- New Brand Focus: CLSC
- Nike Air Jordan 3 Retro Sport Blue
- Black Scale x Pimp C collab: Illustrated Lookbook by vizualzmt (Zach Thompson)
- Puma x WHIZ LIMITED x Mita Sneakers collaborate on the XT2+ (dropping 23/08/14)
- Nike Air Huarache Scream Green - First Look
- Booze Hound - From The Guys Who Brought You Rook
- Primitive Apparel Fall 2014 D1 - Preview
- July 2014
- Re-introducing the Nike Air Flight Huarache
- Brixton Fall 2014 Lookbook
- The Hundreds Fall 2014 - Preview
- Nike Air Jordan 14 Retro Wolf Grey - First Look
- By The Level for 5 Pointz: Beastin SS14 Lookbook
- Nike Air Huarache Light Atomic Mango - First Look
- Nike Air 180 'Safari Sole' Pack - First Look
- Nike Air Huarache Gym Blue
- Primitive Apparel Fall 2014 Lookbook
- HUF Lookbook - Fall 2014 Collection - Delivery 1
- Nike Air Tech Challenge Hybrid QS 'Green Glow'
- Nike Air Max Lunar 1 Jacquard - Detailed Images
- The Hundreds By The Level - Summer 2014
- Nike QS: Trophy Collection – First Look
- Puma CREAM Blaze of Glory OG 93 - Detailed Images
- Only NY Summer Tees Injection
- Nike Air Jordan 14 'Thunder' - Detailed Images
- June 2014
- Nike Air Max 1 Lunar OG - First Look
- 10 Deep Summer 2014 'Island Life' Lookbook
- Nike Lunarspeed Mariah Hyper Cobalt
- Illustrator Focus: Zach Thompson aka vizualzmt
- New Brands Coming To 5 Pointz
- Epicly Later’d: Keith Hufnagel - Part 3
- Epicly Later’d: Keith Hufnagel - Part 2
- By The Level for 5 Pointz: HUF Summer 2014 Lookbook
- Nike Air Flight Squad QS
- Rebel-Yuth x Only NY SS14 Lookbook
- Primitive Apparel Summer 2014 Lookbook
- Beastin SS14 Lookbook - Living The Good Life
- Nike Air Huarache - Summer Releases
- Epicly Later’d: Keith Hufnagel - Part 1
- Mighty Healthy Spring-Summer 2014
- Meet the Nike Air Trainer 1 QS Paid In Full
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro '86
- Beastin SS14 - Drops Mid June
- May 2014
- HUF Summer 2014 Video Lookbook
- Nike Free Flyknit Chukka - Game Royal (Detailed Images)
- The Hundreds Summer 2014 Lookbook
- Crooks and Castles Summer 14 - Shot by Van Styles
- Nike Air Jordan 6 Carmine
- Nike Air Huarache Platinum White
- Brixton Summer 2014 Video Lookbook
- Bristols First Sneaker Event - Sneakerbox 2014
- Puma CREAM R698 OG 93
- 10 Deep Pre-Summer 2014 Collection
- April 2014
- Nike Air Jordan 11 Retro Low 'Concord'
- Only NY SS14 Coming Soon
- Adidas Originals ZX 25th Anniversary Negative Pack (Detailed Images)
- HUF 420 Pack 2014 - Cheech & Chong (Detailed Images)
- HUF 420 Pack 2014 - Cheech & Chong
- ICNY Coming Soon
- Puma CREAM Mesh Evolution Pack
- Puma Suede Deconstruct
- The Hundreds SP14 D2
- HUF Spring 2014 Collection D2
- Puma CREAM Tropicalia Pack
- Nike Air Max Breathe Collection
- Puma States 2014
- March 2014
- Nike Roshe Run Natural Motion (Detailed Images)
- Reebok Classic Leather 'Embossed Camo' Pack (Detailed Images)
- Crooks and Castles Spring 2014
- Nike Air Max 98 OG - Spring 14
- 10 Deep SP14 'Far East' Collection - Coming Soon
- 10 Deep x Timberland Nomad Pack dropping at 5 Pointz
- Puma States Reissued for 2014
- Primitive Spring 2014
- HUF Spring 2014 Collection
- HUF X Wu-Tang Collaboration: Competition
- Puma Trinomic XT2 Plus in Bluebird / Spectrum Blue (Detailed Images)
- PUMA MMQ Leather Disc Cage 'Cork' Pack (Detailed Images)
- Now Stocking: Crep Protect Spray
- Reebok Classic Emb Camo Pack Competition with The Daily Street
- Air Jordan 3 Infrared 23
- PUMA CREAM Trinomic XS850 OG
- February 2014
- January 2014
- Nike Air Max 1 'Valentines'
- Reebok Classic Leather Utility
- Nike Air Max 90 Jacquard Laser Crimson / Dark Grey
- Nike Air Safari Leather Pack
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro 94 Anthracite / Gym Red / Black / Team Red
- Reebok Classic Leather Emb 'Suede Camo' Pack
- Puma Trinomic XT2 MMQ 'Crafted' Pack
- PUMA MMQ Leather Disc Cage 'Cork' Pack
- Only NY Subway Coach Jacket
- Primitive Apparel Holiday 2013